Installation of WordPress Report Builder process is very straightforward, and if you installed any plugin at least once, you shouldn’t have any problems with that.
First of all make sure you have full version of wpDataTables installed, because Report Builder is an add-on for wpDataTables, uses its core features, and wouldn’t work without it.
- Download the file from CodeCanyon and unzip it.
Once you purchase Report Builder, you will be able to download the ZIP file from CodeCanyon, containing the current version.
Download it to your computer and unzip it. You will get a folder with the plugin name (reportbuilder).
2. Upload the plugin to your WordPress
There are 2 ways to do this:
- Option 1 (easier) open your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload and choose the zip file that you downloaded from CodeCanyon.
- Option 2 (if first one doesn’t work) open your WordPress installation folder in some FTP manager (CyberDuck, FileZilla, Total Commander, or any other), go to wp-content/plugins/ and upload the folder that you unzipped in previous step
3. Activate the plugin
In your WordPress admin panel go to Plugins, find ‘Report Builder fir wpDataTables’ and click “Activate”. That’s it – you’re ready to build some awesome reports!
1. Go to your FTP and open WordPress plugins folder.
2. Delete the old Report Builder version folder
3. Upload the new version of Report Builder
4. Go to WP-admin panel, open Plugins section.
5. Deactivate Report Builder, and then activate it again.
DO NOT DELETE THE OLD VERSION FROM WP-ADMIN IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DELETE YOUR REPORTS!