The installation process of Report Builder is quite simple and straightforward, and shouldn’t cause you any troubles at all. Independent of your previous experience with WordPress plugins, you aren’t likely to have any problems, just follow these simple steps:
1.Download the file from CodeCanyon
Once you purchase Report Builder, you will be able to download the ZIP file from CodeCanyon, containing the current version. Download it to your computer. You will get a ZIP file with the plugin name – ‘codecanyon-16131803-report-builder-addon-for-wpdatatables-generate-word-docx-and-excel-xlsx-documents‘.
2.Upload the plugin to your WordPress
There are 2 ways to do this:
- Option 1 (easier) open your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload and choose the zip file that you downloaded from CodeCanyon.
- Option 2 (if first one doesn’t work) – Unzip the file that you downloaded from CodeCanyon. Open your WordPress installation folder in some FTP manager (CyberDuck, FileZilla, Total Commander, or any other), go to wp-content/plugins/ and upload the folder that you unzipped previously.
3. Activate the plugin
In your WordPress admin panel go to Plugins, find Report Builder for wpDataTables and click “Activate”. Voila, plugin installed!
If you download new plugin version from CodeCanyon please follow these steps to update from the existing version:
1. Go to your FTP and open WordPress plugins folder
2. Delete the old Report Builder version folder
3. Upload the new version of Report Builder
4. Go to WP-admin panel, open Plugins section
5. Deactivate Report Builder, and then activate it again